Wednesday, January 13, 2010

welcome Fran

It's been an eventful birthday-cards, calls from friends and my daughter and grandchildren and my sister Anita,
I got to see one of my friends Patricia but was sorry to have missed my friend Cathy. Another time for sure.
I remember when my father turned 65, he couldn't believe it either. Now that I am at that age I am going to stop being surprised and just let it be. My doctor says"that's not so old" I guess I need to believe him
I received a wonderful present from my husband. For a long time- I don't know when it started- I have wanted a piece of jewelry with emeralds. This year he gave me a pair of emerald earrings. I was so surprised. As anyone who has ever gotten something they reallywanted, it wasn't so much about the gift but it was about being"heard". The shopping and the remembering. It doesn't happen very often and so when it does, it's special.
I will send thank you notes for the gifts from my family and be grateful I have such a wonderful group of people around me who love me.

PRAY FOR PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment